[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Creating a DSK file on a real coco..

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 23 13:36:36 EST 2005

--- George Ramsower <Yahoo at DVDPlayersOnly.com> wrote:
> > I can't find a utility to run on a Coco that will
> > create a DSK file of a bootable floppy.
> > This XP box I am talking on now won't work with a coco disk.

> How would an older PC help me find a program to run on a
> real coco?

It won't, but it would give you a PC that will work with real coco disks. You
could also download a Win98 or FreeDOS boot disk that would probably let your
current PC work with real coco disks, you just need a FAT (not NTFS) partition
that DOS can access.

While I agree that it would be great and totally conceivable to have a CoCo
program that creates a PC formatted disk, AFAIK nobody has done it.

Bob