[Coco] Serial to USB adaptor compatible with CoCo?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Dec 11 00:38:14 EST 2005

On Sunday 11 December 2005 00:21, Roger Merchberger wrote:
>Rumor has it that Chris Hawks may have mentioned these words:
>>     A loooong time ago, I ported KA9Q to both OS9 6809 and OS9
>> 68000. It's a group of programs that provide TCP/IP thru a serial
>> port via PPP. I used it to have telnet and ftp capabilities on both
>> my Coco
>Heh. Heh. Heheheh. Kewl! Thats... Like... Kewl!
>>  and MM1.
>Any way to convert an Amiga 4000T to one? (read: Can I get OS-9 to
> run on my Amiga?) - IIRC, there was a version that ran on the Atari
> ST, but I've never heard if there was a port to the Amiga...

There is a very poorly done port, by Digby-Tarvan in aussieland.  From
what I hear the gfx is busted, and he wanted $600 AU for a copy 10
years ago.  Obviously nobody up in dollar land ever bought a copy at
that price.

But, even better if you want to play, there is a well supported m68k
version of linux available from debian and others that will run on the

>>  I connected
>>via PPP from my Coco to my Linux box and it connected via PPP to my
>> ISP. Didn't have a Coco browser, but, kinda neat to FTP from RTSI
>> to my CocoIII!
>>     I have disks of both. I offer them for free (it's GPL) at my
>> booth at the CocoFests.
>I'll tell the wifey we're booked that weekend... ;-)
>Roger "Merch" Merchberger
>Roger "Merch" Merchberger  --  SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers
>  _±±_                          zmerch at 30below.com
>(©||®)  If at first you don't succeed, nuclear warhead
>  _)(_   disarmament should *not* be your first career choice.

Cheers, Gene
People having trouble with vz bouncing email to me should use this
address: <gene.heskett at verizononline.net> which bypasses vz's
message by Gene Heskett are: