[OT] [Coco] Money

Mike Moore mikmoore at math.carleton.ca
Fri Dec 9 10:59:10 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Hrubik" <jimhrubik at earthlink.net>
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 10:21 AM
Subject: [OT] [Coco] Money

>[snip]
> the US, though.  What's a CoCo worth?  There was a time when people
> paid over $200 CDN for a 64K CoCo2 (I know, in 1985 I was one of them!).

Someone can always top every story! :-)

The CoCo1 that I first bought back in the early eighties set me back over
$700 Canadian (and the exchange rate was much closer to unity than it is
today). I think that  a disc drive cost over $400. I passed the 32K sucker
on to my son and he sold it for about $50 over 10 years ago. Never did own a
CoCo2, went straight to a CoCo3.

Mike Moore.