[Coco] Setting up a ZIP drive w/ superdriver, help!

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Tue Dec 6 21:06:25 EST 2005

Paul,

You should never do a low level format on any hard drive these days.
It's a waste of time, especially with SuperDriver.  That said, doing
it doesn't actually hurt anything, it just causes format to waste a
bunch of cycles calling SS.WrTrk over and over, which again, does
nothing.

That said, you should have TYP set to $91 (Hard Disk, Drive Size
Query, 512 byte sector size) and  DNS set to $00 (IDE master).  It
should not matter with the SID, CYL and SCT values are, as the driver
will find out the size of the ZIP disk by interrogating it (due to
having bit 4 in the TYP byte set).

I've ran both ZIP 100 and ZIP 250 ATAPI drives on my SuperIDE and
both work equally well with SuperDriver.  Let us know what happens.