[Coco] Re: Technical: PIA Help

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Fri Dec 2 09:21:51 EST 2005

Right, see it. My guess is that this is a routine to read both the right
and left joystick #1 switches. Setting $FF02 to $FF will block all the
keyboard entries, but the joystick switches should still get through and
be reported at $FF00. Bits 0-1 are right left switch #1 and bits 2-3 are
right left switch #2.
	lda #$ff
	sta $FF02
	lda $FF00
	eora #3
	anda #3
	sta <$0f

Guess we need someone who owns the program to read the instructions and
indicate how the joysticks are to be used or if they can be used.