[Color Computer] Re: [coco] MESS

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Tue Aug 23 23:44:14 EDT 2005

George,

You misunderstand me. You asked where one should place the ROM images in
MESS, I sent a detailed answer, you then sent another message saying
MESS still could not find the ROMs.

At this point, no one could tell you what was wrong without knowing
exactly where you had placed the ROM images (you did not say), whether
your images were zipped or unzipped, which version of the ROMs and MESS
were being used, and whether your OS was Windows or something else. All
of which could be the source of the problem. All of which was important
information that you did have.

So it is not that you did not know what quesitons to ask, but that you
asked for a solution to a problem without fully describing what you were
doing.

As your e-mail was not being sorted in sequential order, that certainly
explains most of the confusion. The rest is the common error made by a
large percentage of writers to newsgroups where so little data is
supplied that the questions asked can't be answered.