[Coco] The return of StG

Roger Taylor roger at newfoal.com
Fri Aug 19 20:44:23 EDT 2005

At 04:36 PM 8/19/2005, you wrote:
>I briefly looked in to porting StG net (the unfinished OSK version) to Mac
>OS X to see if I could run it online.
>
>Anyone up for a pet project of getting StG ressurected and communicating
>via the net?  Either by emulator, or CoCo and iChip modem, or ... ?

I never knew what StG was, but could it be simulated in say, PHP or
Perl?  I would think so, and a multiplayer version could be born with
enough people involved or someone with the skills to pull it off.

My all-time favorite BBS game was no other than, Esterian Conquest.  I
lived, eat, breathed E.C. for several years and battled it out once a day
competing just to connect to the BBS for my one-allowed turned per
day.  Luckily, I could set my modem to autodial until I connected.  That
space war game pretty much lived in your  imagination because there were no
graphics, but I think it did show a text-grid with characters representing
fleets, planets, etc.

--
Roger Taylor