[Coco] Which disk controller

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Fri Aug 5 02:29:36 EDT 2005

In today's mail I got a pleasant surprise. The 502 disk controller
and dual 502 drives as well as the multipak that I ordered from Glen
at the Coco lounge arrived. ( as well as a rom pak that I didn't order
and which I need to talk to Glen about paying for!! ) After I got the
package I took a look at his website and read about the reasons for the
delay. I would like to appologize to Glen and the list for my earlier
comments questioning his honesty. I didn't understand the reasons for the
delay and was lashing out. I now know why he is as respected in the Coco
comunity as he is.

While impatiently waiting for the 502 drives and controller I bought a
501 controller with a 501 drive (modified by cloud9 to function as a dual
sided drive) from Ebay. I also bought a single 502 drive with a
non-functional controller ( the seller made it clear that the
drive/controller didn't work. I put in the winning bid for the monitor). I am
now wondering if there is any advantage to using the 502 controller instead
of the 501 controller that I have been using. For what it's worth they
both work and I mostly use nitrOS-9 or one of the many versions of hdb-dos
from Cloud9.

Frank