[Coco] Very OT: Gus Grisom petition

Jim Cox jimcox at miba51.com
Mon Aug 29 00:07:32 EDT 2005

While this isn't actually CoCo related, I thought I'd post
it to the list since quite a few of us are interested in
astronomy and space.

There is a young girl working to see if Gus Grisom's suit
currently at the Smithsonian's National Air and Space
Museum could be loaned to the The Grissom Memorial which
is in his home town.  The story from Yahoo is below as
well as a link to her site.  I am impressed that someone
her age is working towards the memory of a one of the
Mercury 7.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050828/ap_on_sc/space_suit_girl

http://www.freewebs.com/mercury7savethesuit/index.htm

I'm doing this more or less to help her get the word out.

-Jim