[Color Computer] Re: [Coco] Is this a 6309?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Mon Apr 25 14:32:27 EDT 2005

Boisy

I would not be surprised. Back in the earl to mid 80's Motorola had a
habit of takiong their existing designs and multiple source the
products from different IC makers. This allowed Motorola SPS to
dedicate part of their IC fab capacities to R&D. Also Motorola was in
a period of upgrading the fab lines to more modern equipment and
that meant second sourcig was needed to meet demand.

james