[Coco] [Color Computer] Holy Mods Batman!

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Thu Apr 14 00:30:22 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 21:09 -0400, jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
> John
>
> Speaking of Forth,  do you have any Forth languages for the Coco3
> of know of where I can get a copy?

DACForth, ColorForth come to mind, but there were also OS-9 and Flex
Forths. I'd like to get a .DSK image with the OS-9 Forth, but I don't
know where to find it. DACForth seems to be the most readily available
one, I ran that a long time ago under JV's emulator, it worked well.
Couldn't find source for it though so I stopped using it.

Better though to just take a free modern Forth w/source and port to 6809
or take a ANS-standard 6809 Forth like CamelForth and port it to the
coco. The thing about Forth is you should know your Forth system inside
and out, and porting a Forth is one of the better ways to start getting
into the details.

-- John.