[Coco] eBay Scams???

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Sun Apr 10 12:35:04 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-10 at 09:10 -0500, Allen Huffman wrote:
> On Apr 10, 2005, at 12:50 AM, Steve Ostrom wrote:
> > pasted info will make it through to the list OK.  He seems to have a
> > pretty good record, with 5 negatives in the past 6 months with a large
> > number of positives, including these two negatives by glenvdb.
>
> How is that "pretty good"?  I don't think there is an excuse for ANY
> negatives.  I have over 250 100% positives (350+ items, but many have
> done multiple purchases).  Seriously, open communication seems to be
> the key (and shipping the business day after receiving payment).  Ah
> well.  (To buyer beware -- if you shop from someone that has a negative
> feedback, guess what? You could be negative too.)

That's sort of like saying there's no excuse for getting run over (heck,
I've never been run over, been on the planet 32 years and never happened
to me...)

Who knows... I guess if you sell enough stuff you're eventually going to
get a problem bidder who is upset for whatever reason. That's why I
think it's best to resolve the dispute through Ebay. If there is a good
reason for the complaint, Ebay will let it stand. If not they work with
the two sides to get it cleared up.

Personally the seller would have to be pretty unresponsive or do
soemething clearly bad, and I'd have to go through other options before
I'd leave bad feedback. Since if you leave bad feedback for him he's
going to leave bad feedback for you. Most sellers will try to make
things right, it's smart to give them a chance.

That says nothing about the specific facts of the georgep case. His bed
is made... right or wrong, he has bad feedback now and that's going to
be a serious problem for him until he gets it cleared up.

-- John.