[Coco] Re: Re: [Color Computer] Re: Adapter from Coo3 to SVGA

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Wed Apr 6 12:21:20 EDT 2005

Rodney

Here is a better explanation.

When you write to $FF22 you will write to the GIME chip i nternal register at $FF22.
Internal to the GIME this register is a write only register. So that the old Coco1/2 bits
for mode control of the 6847 will be maintained. A read of that address address will
actually read from the PIA chip.

Thus PB3 to PB7 of the PIA chip can actually be used as general purpose inputs
only. I was in error when I said that they could be used as general purpose I/O (input
and/or output).

james