[Coco] Fest Ramblings
Boisy G. Pitre
boisy at boisypitre.com
Mon Apr 18 10:43:46 EDT 2005
I'm writing this from the library on campus, having gotten little sleep
after returning home from the airport last night at 11:30PM. These are
just snippets of random thoughts, rather than a complete, concise
review of the fest.
- The hotel was very nice. Rooms were great and the fest floor and
surrounding area were excellent. I'm really glad that Glenside decided
to do this fest at this location.
- Wireless Internet access was available by the hotel. In my opinion,
this was a VERY nice perk, and a departure from past fests that didn't
have it. Signal was very strong on the fest floor.
- The webcam, made possible by the Internet access, was a nice touch,
as was Roger's chat room. Though I have to admit, I couldn't stay on
for long stretches at a time, because we were very busy.
- Interest in Cloud-9's products was high, as was interest in the
- The CoCo BASH! that Cloud-9 held up in the suite on Saturday night
was a raging success. Everyone who attended had a great time, and I'm
sure that we will do it again next year.
- It was good to see folks like John Linville, the Poitrases, Joe
Buecher, William Astle, Wally Grossman, Allen Huffman, Dave Kelly,
James & Billie Jones, Bro Jeremy, the guys from GCCC, and others whose
name I cannot recall. As usual, I had fun catching up on what everyone
- Chris Hawks has committed to writing a CDF file manager for NitrOS-9.
This will be a great addition to the operating system, allowing
ISO9660 CD-ROMs to be read on the CoCo at last!
In short: a great time!
Boisy G. Pitre
E-Mail: boisy at boisypitre.com
Mobile: (337) 781-3997
More information about the Coco