[Coco] Cutting WP notch on DSDD disks?

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Wed Sep 29 14:40:20 EDT 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Neil Morrison wrote:

> There's a "Disk Doubler" for sale on eBay but it's for 720K floppies. It's
> in the Vintage Computers section, item number: 5125797149. I can only
> suggest you keep an eye open for the 360K version. Otherwise use an X-Acto
> knife.
>
> Neil

I had one of these Disk Doublers for 360K years ago, for turning a regular
5-1/4" floppy into a "flippie" so you could use the back side by turning the
disk upside down in the drive, even if the drive was a single-sided one.  It
consisted of a standard hole punch outfitted with a felt-covered protective
plastic piece to protect the disk when punching the extra index hole, plus a
plastic template to help locate that and the new write protect notch.  It worked
fine, meaning that a standard hole punch should suffice for the write protect,
no felt needed.

Art