[Coco] Re: Nitros9 and the '86 GIME

Charlie chazbeenhad at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 29 11:09:15 EDT 2004

> That is not normal. Would you describe exactly what you do and what you
> see during the boot process when it crashes? This is either a NitrOS-9
> bug or a hardware problem because your message indicates you can, at
> times, boot correctly from this boot disk.
>

>From a cold start, typing DOS to start Nitros9 3.02.01.
After the 1st few "dots" on the initial Nitros9 boot screen it looks like
random characters are placed in random locations along the 1st row of the
screen.
I then see horizontal lines placed randomly on screen and the coco is locked
up.

I think I've narrowed down my coco problems to a bad 512K upgrade, but
replacing the 86 gime with a 87 version, the coco boots just fine.
Like I said, I'm not having any luck with my coco computers, and no luck
finding  replacment 512k upgrades (so far) for both the CoCos I want to have
running.

Charlie