[Coco] Fanfold printer paper (for dot matrix)?

James Dessart james at skwirl.ca
Tue Sep 28 21:23:20 EDT 2004

On 28-Sep-04, at 2:57 PM, <alsplace at pobox.com> wrote:

> Er ... is fanfold printer paper even made any more?  If not, when did
> it go away?  I was still using my CoCo and MM/1 in 1995 when I moved
> to Iowa, and bought my first inkjet printer (that used single sheets
> of paper) within a few years after that, I think, so I guess it had to
> start happening around that time.

Did you want some? I've got a big box of it that I don't need.

> I'm going to guess my Tandy DMP132 (or whatever it is) dot matrix
> printer won't have any source for printer ribbons these days.

I'm not sure, but you may still be able to buy them at the shack... I
remember a while back we were able to special order DMP-110 cartridges.

> Perhaps another useful app would be a print server that would let you
> hook a CoCo up to a Mac or PC via bitbanger.  The CoCo could spit out
> raw ASCII and the "server" program would format it and spit it out to
> the laser or ink jet printer attached to the host PC/Mac.  It could
> also easily (I bet) emulate standard dot matrix printer formats.

It'd be a good thing to try, especially if it supports the graphics
formats of the printers. Definitely worth a look or two.

James