[Coco] Viewing GIF files on a Coco

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Tue Sep 28 17:59:56 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 13:53, Frederick D Provoncha wrote:

> John,
> The answer is yes, at least for the program I'm using, 'viewgif'. I
> downloaded it from the RTSI site. Included in the download was the
> executable, the documentation, and the source, which was written in C.
>
> Fred Provoncha

Presumably then you should be able to hack the program to ignore the
version number so you don't have to patch it.

Or better yet, ignore the parts of the GIF file it doesn't understand,
instead of just barfing on the version string.

I'm sure someone around here has the C Compiler operational. (I have
boot disks set up for C program editing and compilation in the garage, I
gotta dig through when enough space opens up in there to move things
around)

-- John.