[Coco] Viewing GIF files on a Coco

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Tue Sep 28 16:43:34 EDT 2004

On Sep 28, 2004, at 3:27 PM, Kevin Diggs wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	Couldn't you achieve the same effect with an image viewer from the
> startup file? It would be more configurable and not coded in the OS.

You could, but it wouldn't be nearly as instantaneous.

> 	What does {cc3,Sys}Go do?

	1. Displays a startup banner
	2. Sets up the initial data/execution directories
	3. Runs the startup script (if present)
	4. Starts the CMDS/AutoEx file (if present)
	5. Chains to the shell

What I'm proposing would happen at step 1.  SysGo would search for a
file (say, SYS/welcome.vef) and if it exists, would display it to a
graphic screen.  If the file wasn't there, it would just display the
standard banner.

For an example of how this might look, see
http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/~ponpoko/FM11/FM-11AD2.jpg

Boisy