[Coco] Thought

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Fri Sep 24 13:48:30 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 10:23, Neil Morrison wrote:
> [...]

Yep. Hence the disto no-halt controller. But no-halt is more important
for smooth multi-tasking. I remember being SO disappointed when I
finally got a rig where I could hook up another coco to a shell prompt
on the serial port, and tried some disk commands. Choppy, Ugh...

OS-9 is really happiest with a RTC... sucks having to enter time in at
each boot. Once we get ethernet we could get time via NTP.

Actually ability to read the host's time would be a nice feature for
Drivewire as well if it isn't already in there... (my Drivewire is
in-the-mail).

-- John.