[Coco] DCModem Pak to RS232 conversion posted

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 19:38:58 EDT 2004

--- Benoit Bleau <benoit.bleau at verizon.net> wrote:

> If someone were to use the DCModem Pak in Nitros9 (OS-9), shouldn't then
> skip the address re-mapping?  Wouldn't it be better to use the correct
> device descriptor instead?  This way, you could use the DP and an RS-232
> pack at the same time , in a multipak...
>
> -Ben

If your software/descriptors can use the different address, then I see no
reason why you couldn't... but for maximum compatibility in most "normal"
scnearios (single RS232 Pak), it would be easier to modify those 2 traces than
to mess with descriptors/drivers/software. Just my $.02.

BTW, it looks like I could offer a kit, similar to the CoCoPRO! kit, for about
$10. Kit would include pre-cut perfboard, DB-25, MAX232 chip, caps, jumper
wires and instructions. An additional $5 would include the Power/Turbo LED
option. Add a few dollars for assembled and tested kit.

Bob