[Coco] Help with Cloud-9 install -- oops.

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Sep 19 01:32:23 EDT 2004

> Normal NitrOS-9 distribution. One root directory MODULES are adding,
> this is where SuperDriver's modules sit and/or Drivewire. Special
> Cloud-9 descriptors are created under the RBF dir of SuperDriver. You
> will have to recreate these .dd if you did backup your system... :(

If you give me a list of what DIRS and FILES are in the root directory,
I will be fine.  I've already found CMDS, HUH (which now I know is the
"MODULES" directory), NITROS9, SYS, and maybe one other.  Not sure if
there was an os9boot there, but I found a "startup".

I used to fix my HD regularly with ded, so really all I need to know if
what to look for.

Basically, format only kills the ROOT directory, so anything under it
is still there and fine -- I just have to remake the entries in root
and point them to their File ID sector.  DIRS are easy to find (since
all I do is look for entries where ".." points back to the root FID
sector), but files alone are not since they have nothing for me to
"guess" -- I just have to know what was there and search for it (ie,
looking for text I know would be in a startup file, or such).

> Under the NitrOS-9 directory in the SCRIPTS and BOOTLIST directories
> will be more Cloud-9 specific scripts and special bootlists. Have
> those??? I suspect not. Uggggghhhhh. Let me know.

See above.  Only the root dir is in question ;-)

So, if you could just say:

CMDS
MODULES
NITROS9
SYS
FOO
BAR
startup
read.me

that's really all I need to know.  Thanks!