[coco] For Boisy or Mark ref Super Driver

alsplace at pobox.com alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Sep 17 11:33:41 EDT 2004

Refresh my memory -- "rbsuper" does what?  I understand it handles
splitting up physical 512+ byte sectors into logical sectors for OS-9.
But what else?

And, if llram, ll1773, etc. were done, would we save more system RAM,
or are those drivers not really doing any of the stuff that rbsuper
takes care of to matter?

I was able to copy my entire EZ135 drive to the 256MB CF card, and no
lockups.  I'm going to make another backup, and once I'm satisifed I
have everything copied, I will burn the CF image to a CD for safe
keeping.

One thing I really need to write for the CoCo is a modern file manager
utility that can easily sort, move, etc. massive files for large hard
drive cleanup projects like what I am about to go thru.  I would also
like to write a similar one (you know, like Windows Explorer or
something) in Java that deals with disk images.  We'll see where my
time goes between now and the Fest.

It was amazing stepping through my hard drive, not really touched since
1996, and finding text files galore with articles I wrote (including
some extensive ones on the EZ135 and drive setup with Kenton, which I
will make available as soon as I have time to pull them off the CoCo).
Also, my old BBS (with themes I forgot I created), stories, tons of
work-in-progress items I never got to do... Just a ton of my life
there.  I'm glad I still have this stuff.

Next project after this is preserving all the floppies :(