[Coco] coco3.com up again

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Thu Sep 16 13:33:10 EDT 2004

At 11:36 AM 9/16/2004, you wrote:
>In a message dated 9/15/04 11:26:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>rtaylor at bayou.com writes:
>
> > ??  I have an account for all files under the root for CoCo3.com.  I can
> >  FTP in and do anything to my own files or directories.
> >  :
>
>OK, good.  Of course, so can they... Mike K.

For the like of me I can't figure out why they chmod'ed my /cgi-bin/
directory down to no execution permissions.  I'm going to leave that one
alone and just write it off as yet another peanut butter and jelly sandwich
incident.  :)

The reason I picture these guys having a luncheon all the time up there at
the rack house is because of this one guy a long time ago at the computer
store who thought it was cool to waste my entire 1-hour lunch break one day
making a sale that required him to hold a sandwich in one hand, and key in
the product information on his terminal with his other hand, and verrrrry
slowly; he took the time to take occasional bites from his sandwich. He saw
me getting restless and looking at my watch so he just slowed down even
more.  He didn't respond to my questions, nor did he even speak.  This was
a part I had on order and I needed it bad, and he knew that.  This scraggly
guy was moving so slow he was going backwards.  Oh, he was typing with one
finger and stopping between keystrokes to look all around the monitor for
mistakes, take another bite, etc.  You can imagine.

--
Roger Taylor