[Coco] domain names

Rod Barnhart rod.barnhart at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 08:38:31 EDT 2004

Time Warner doesn't like you running any "Servers for hire" on your
residential Roadrunner connection.  You can run any server you want,
as long as it is not for a commercial endeaver. You also have to
figure out how to work around the fact that Roadrunner issues dynamic
IP addresses for their residential customers. I use ZoneEdit.com to
manage my DNS instead of running a DNS server myself, and have a
script that will update my IP address within my zone files should it
ever change. Seems to work fairly well, as I haven't suffered any
downtime that hasn't been self-inflicted since I got it working
correctly in the first place :)

Rod

> 10 direct connections.  I told BellSouth exactly why I wanted the static IP
> and they didn't have an issue with it.  But I've heard people say that
> Roadrunner doesn't allow serving from home?  Kinda defeats the whole
> purpose of the internet, now doesn't it.
>
> --
> Roger Taylor

                                   _
ASCII ribbon campaign (  )