[Coco] Feedback, anyone?

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Wed Sep 15 22:21:13 EDT 2004

At 04:53 PM 9/15/2004, you wrote:
>Hi Roger,
>
>To get a seamless move of your website you'll need to have 2 servers,
>one at the old ip address and one at the new address. Both with
>identical content, or the old one with a redirect to the new ip address
>and a friendly "We're moving." message.
>
>The problem exists because it takes days for all servers across the net
>to retrieve new DNS information. It's not because nobody knows how, it's
>because that's the way DNS works.
>
>But in either case, they still sound like a bunch of clowns.  :)

Any time I've had to transfer ownership of a wholesale domain name, like
the ones that DotEasy owns, like "coco3.com", there has been a downtime of
the domain name itself while it changes hands.  I've transfered sites from
Homestead to DotEasy and already had the duplicate site set up.  Didn't matter.

--
Roger Taylor