[Coco] SuperIDE and Superdriver rock , but...

Mark Marlette mmarlett at isd.net
Wed Sep 15 20:29:23 EDT 2004

At 9/15/2004 07:16 PM -0400, you wrote:

Ben,

You have the modules you just have to rebuild the boots and first walk
before you run.
The bootlists are in /dd/nitros9/ver030204/bootlists directory. The scripts
that execute are in /dd/nitros9/ver030204/scripts. Read the scripts and you
will understand the procedure. Simple, works everytime. The bootlists are
the modules contained in the OS9boot file.

1. Build a floppy boot that works. This allows you till still boot off the
hard drive in case it doesn't work and repair it.
2. Once floppy is working then go to the hard drive boot.
3. Then go to the HDB-DOS boot.

Look in the following directory.

/dd/modules/superdriver/rbf/cloud9

You should see...

i0_ide_128mb_cfpart.dd
dd_ide_128mb_cfpart.dd

The hard drive descriptors are also present in this directory. These two
files will work on any 128MB Compact Flash. It is partitioned descriptor
with the auto query bit shut off so that the driver doesn't read the drives
capacity and over write the HDB-DOS's partition. Remember NitrOS-9 is NOT
like DOS that has a partition table. So we do it manually. We have spoke
about adding a part table but would BREAK every utility that looks at LSN0,
cost to high for that.

Anyway that should get you going....I didn't know you wanted to run off of
CF. Buy the CF and I do it for free. :) But then what do ya learn. Read the
scripts and understand them. Also remember that you are running a
partitioned system and HDB-DOS is offset to allow NitrOS-9 to exists on the
drive as well.

The power in this driver and HDB-DOS is nothing we have ever had. With that
comes added complexity. Straight up IDE no big deal but when you start
adding, SCSI, ATAPI, CF, etc... The driver's architecture really is seen. I
pushed Boisy on this and he did it. Took him about 3 months start to
finish. Very cool!

Keep us posted.

Need help....We are here.........

Thanks,