[Coco] got a spare coco3 anyone?

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Tue Sep 14 13:32:26 EDT 2004

In a message dated 9/13/04 9:58:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
daveekelly at earthlink.net writes:

> Is this the one with the 68306 CPU put out by Kreider Electronics? It
>  also use PC cards.

That may have been the AT-306, the last of the hobby 68K attempts.
It included OS9/68K and some failed GUI attempt, maybe GEM, I forget exactly.
I know that someone was trying to port UltiMusE to it and gave up, since the
GUI and graphics were just too slow and incomplete.

To add to the confusion, there was a 68306 CPU powered drop-in replacement
card for the MM/1 sold for a while.  I didn't get one, so my MM/1 is still
"stock" with 3 MB of RAM and a mere 40 MB HD (which is dangerously close to full;
I've had to house clean it a few times).
--Mike K.