[Coco] RGB/HDB-DOS question

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Sun Sep 12 18:16:45 EDT 2004

On Sep 12, 2004, at 11:24 AM, Robert Emery wrote:

> This is mainly for Boisy and/or Robert Gault...
>
> There are programs for RSDOS that patch basic for 40 or 80 track
> access. Is it
> safe to do this under HDB-DOS? or is it likely to corrupt the hard
> drive?

I can't say for sure, since I don't know how these programs patch
RS-DOS.  You can try it and see.

> What if the 40 track patch was used before formatting the drives?
> Assuming it
> worked, that would change the OS-9 offset, right?

I'm not sure what you mean here.  Do you mean the OS-9 offset that is
stored at  $D938-$D93A of HDB-DOS?  Or some other "OS-9 offset?"

> I have just finished formatting my first CoCo HD under HDB-DOS. Yay. I
> have the
> latest release of NitrOS-9 booting, now where can get IDE
> driver/descriptor for
> NOS-9? (if possible, already assembled, I'm aware of the CVS source)

I recommend the SuperDriver Package at www.cloud9tech.com.

Do you have a Glenside IDE interface?

Boisy