[Coco] Re: Coco on a SVGA monitor using the Xrgb-2 Plus

Theodore Evans (Alex) alxevans at concentric.net
Sat Sep 11 13:47:01 EDT 2004

On Sep 11, 2004, at 8:48 AM, Robert Emery wrote:

> I know scandoublers have been sold for Amiga users, something special
> about
> theirs that I don't remember. But they were also expensive, $100+.

For the Amiga there are basically three different kinds.  Those which
plug into the Zorro and video slots, those which attach directly to
some of the custom chips, and external ones which plug into the DB23F
on the back of every Amiga model.  Obviously the internal types are
unusable.  I have yet to hear anything indicating whether the external
ones are suable with other 15.75 kHz RGB video sources or not.  I have
an external one on an A1200, but have no source for DB23 connectors and
do not wish to hack it up.

> Regarding the DIN plugs, a 23 pin D connector may be doable, depends
> which side
> we need, pins (male) or sockets (female). Is the cable a permanent
> part of the
> monitor, like the CM-8's? I have a source of assorted DIN and other
> connectors
> and could probably figure out some way to make whatever we can't find.

Since there are many models of Amiga monitors, there is no simple
answer to whether the cable is built in or not, but I have never seen a
non-SVGA Amiga monitor with a built-in cable.  The connector on the
monitor side varies with model; on some it is a DB9F and on some a DIN.

--
Theodore (Alex) Evans | 2B v ~2B = ?