[Coco] Re: Coco on a SVGA monitor using the Xrgb-2 Plus

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Fri Sep 10 21:42:22 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 17:36, Robert Emery wrote:

> > Another strategy is to widen your customer base. Could any other vintage
> > platforms benefit from Analog RGB->SVGA/XGA. Then you could commit an
> > order for a larger run and maybe be able to afford having the board
> > stuffed.
>
> BINGO! I've already offered a few ideas on the topic, and I'll do it again...
>
> As-is, it would be good for us (CC3), the retro-arcade game test-bench folks...
> maybe even replace rare video game monitors in-use in older systems.

Yeah I'm thinking more along that line. Real simple.

Offer cables for the handful of vintage systems that use Analog RGB.
Does the Amiga use it? Atari?

Anyone know the short list (i.e. those with active user community)?

I suppose if we can answer that question we might even find someone who
has already done this project.

-- John.