[Coco] An interesting find...

alsplace at pobox.com alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Sep 8 15:43:37 EDT 2004

Very very cool, Boisy.  The closest I've ever found to that was before
moving to Des Moines (early 1990s) an area college had some CD-i books
in their library.

It would be neat to be able to get a CD/DVD collection of "all" the
issues of various classic computer magazines like Byte or 80 Micros or
Hot CoCo.  I wonder if reprints will ever come back as nostalgia, like
old video games and such.

(Speaking of -- Atari is re-re-rereleasing another collection of old
arcade, 2600, and 7800 games to various consoles, AND they are
releasing a "new" console that plays a bunch of them.  The twist to the
software release is it comes with a pair of "old school" joysticks to
properly play the Atari games on.)

I wonder if Radio Shack could ever be convinced in producing a TRS80
emulation collection for PCs -- one with TRS-80 stuff, one with CoCo
stuff, etc.  Just having all the Radio Shack ROM paks on a CD "official
and legal" (and tape and disk games, too?) would be something I'd snag.

     -- A