[Coco] Coco USB port?

Ray Watts rayanddoraleew at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 6 13:14:40 EDT 2004

Bob Devries wrote:

>Guys, can someone make me a USB port for my Coco? That way I can use my USB
>pen-drive to transfer files to/from PC.

Bob,  I don't know if this will help you, both from the standpoint of
your CoCo system configuration and your location "down under".

My CoCo's run SCSI and have ZIP drives.  Recently, I purchased a USB
powered 100mb ZIP and 5 disks from Megamacs.com for approx $50.00 US.
 Though I have a Mac, I can format the disks in PCDOS and transfer files
that way, using the PCDOS utility at the CoCo end.  The extra ZIP disks
are used as a temp backup to the Mac for important files so I don't have
to backup the system as often as before.  As always, ZIP drivers for
Windoze are readily available.  Same for Linux, I imagine.

Cheers,  Griz