[Coco] David Keil's CoCo3 emulator under XP Pro

Mannequin* mannslists at invigorated.org
Thu Sep 2 20:45:49 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 20:26:24 -0400
"Ken Carlin" <carlin at nauticom.net> wrote:

> To those you you still trying to get David Keil's emulator to run under XP
> Pro, I have an alternative.  It's a little clumsy, but so far it's worked for
> me in my *limited* testing.
>
> I just found out about Microsoft Virtual PC, which allows you to create
> virtual machines and environments from within XP Pro.  It's main use would be
> for help desks or people that need to test software on multiple OSs but can't
> have multiple computers to do that.

Hi everyone,

Yeah, Micro$oft bought up the original authors of Virtual PC. I belive that it
was Connectix, although I could be wrong, that originally made this program for
the Macintosh so that people could run Windoze in a window on a Mac.  I've been
wanting it for ages, but it's a bit out of my price range at the moment.

I guess they ported it over to Windoze XP... I guess that's what they were
aiming to do when they bought it. Interesting to note that.

-M.