[Coco] Re: Emulator problems under XP

Charlie chazbeenhad at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 1 15:36:05 EDT 2004

I think Win9x / ME have to be on drive letter C.
It's been a while since I played with Win9x in a dual boot system.

Charlie

"Stephen Blunt" <sblunt at agsecorp.com> wrote in
message
news:0BB2A73E447C2745B44158FE2EA7498E01C8AA at exchange.westmont.intra...
You would probably need to create a dual boot system. The easiest way is to
create a 2Gb partition and call it C:. Install dos here. Then on the remain
HD create drive D: and put winME, Win9X, NT, 2K or XP. I found with NT/2K/XP
having drive D as NTFS very convenient. XP is extremely friendly with dual
boot and will leave your C drive alone (if you tell it to).

This way when you boot to dos. It only sees drive C, as it can't see NTFS,
and defaults you CD to D which then becomes an extremely standard setup for
DOS.

I use this setup to play all my old dos and win 3.1 games, of which I have a
massive collection (collecting actively for 17 years).

For those who don't want to rebuild the entire HD, you can use partition
magic, or similar, to create/change partitions without interrupting
anything.

Best regards,

Stephen Blunt
Customer Support Engineer
AGSE Corporation
Phone: + (562) 906-9300  ext. 171
Fax: + (562) 906-9308
E-Mail: sblunt at agsecorp.com

For the latest product and company information, please visit our Website,
<http://www.agsecorp.com/>

Neil Morrison