[Coco] Thought

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at optushome.com.au
Wed Sep 22 18:42:25 EDT 2004

Hi Guys,

I haven't been a subscriber to this mailing list for long, but it seems
there's quite a bit of interest in various types of 'connectivity adapters'
for the CoCo. There also appears to be an impressive amount of hardware
development still going on for such conectors and other CoCo Peripherals.

A while back I developed a small USB 'prototype' board for a couple of my
other projects. Since then I have had the idea of using it to connect to the
TRS-80 (1/3/4) floppy drive connector and allow the PC to 'serve' virtual
disk images for a real trash-80.

[An aside - have you guys seen this...<http://www.rothfus.com/SVD/>]

Anyway, recently I've been toying with the idea of supporting the CoCo as
well. Is there any interest for this type of device?

Also, anyone got any novel ideas for using a USB connection on a CoCo (the
USB side of things is strictly device-only - it can't be used to connect
other USB peripherals to the CoCo for example)? e.g. Another idea I had was
using it to emulate a network adapter for the trash...

Regards,