[Coco] How to xfer files to a CoCo in 10 easy steps...

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Sep 16 00:38:10 EDT 2004

Here's how I did it:

1) Using the "memory reader" in my Epson R300 printer hooked to my
iMac, I copied the two OS-9 files I wanted copied over to the 256MB
PC-formatted compact flash card.

2) With that CF card in the SuperIDE's top slot (using Mark's excellent
adapter), I was able to book off the other CF card and then use "dEd"
to examine that CF raw - ded /i1@

3) I did a dEd search for the driver name (less last character -- like
"llktl" since the last character would have the high bit set, I think,
and not be matchable in a text search).  It found a few entries in the
directory track, and I kept saying "Next".

4) Once it found what looked like the descriptor, I did an "O" to open
an output file, then "A" to append that sector to it.

5) I continued the search (this took like an hour) until I found the
other module, and did the same, Appending several sectors of data.

Now I had two files I could access, but the header was bad.  I used dEd
to edit the files and "D"iddle the length down to the right size, and
bingo -- instant modules I can load.

Whew.

I LOVE THE COCO!

Now to see if they work.