[Coco] [Color Computer] Composite monitor on Coco

orangedeal orangedeal at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 10 22:56:57 EDT 2004

It has been at least a decade since I did anything at all with a Coco
but I distinctly remember that a composite monitor was MUCH better
than a TV.  The RGB analog on the 3 was a little better yet. I
remember, not so distinctly, that capturing composite video is not
terribly difficult.
There were several adaptors available back then, none very expensive,
and it seems like there were even some people that brought out the
video signal just before it went into the astek box and put in a
coaxial RCA jack with that and a ground.  Not sure if maybe the
adaptors included some amplification.  One thing if you are using a TV
with the antenna signal,  using a shielded coaxial cable makes a
fairly dramatic improvement over the cable supplied with the coco.  I
soldered an RCA plug onto a short VCR cable and used it for years.
Much less flicker on the screen that way.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/CFFolB/TM