[Coco] [Color Computer] Owl-Ware Winchester Basic

puritan_2076 puritan_2076 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 10 19:25:33 EDT 2004

I asked this on bit.listserv.coco but the group seems to have gone
dead, so please excuse me for repeating my self.

Does anyone know about Owl-Ware Winchester Basic? It was a very
early (1986) hard drive patch for Basic. It was supposed to be
compatible with most machine language programs, did not use virtual
floppys, and allowed up to 10 directories for basic that could be
read by OS-9, and file size was limited only by disk space.

Was it real or vaporware? Why has it been forgotten and replaced by
virtual disk type patches if it was real?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/CFFolB/TM