[Coco] CoCo to SVGA

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Thu Oct 28 16:53:16 EDT 2004

In a message dated 10/28/04 2:31:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rod.barnhart at gmail.com writes:

<<  Also, I've heard of people opening their CGA monitor
 and bypassing the digital circuitry, basically making it an RGB-A
 monitor. High voltages aren't my thing, though ;) >>

     I have done this.   If you follow  the digital circuitry from the
input,  it eventually
feeds a potentiometer labelled as "gain".    There will be three of these.
One for each color.   You cut the trace going to the pot and connect the
incoming signal directly to the pot and you get an analog RGB display.
No high voltages involved.    The only problem is CGA monitors are
getting scarce too.

Roy