[Coco] Re: CoCo to SVGA converter?

Charlie chazbeenhad at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 28 08:27:32 EDT 2004

Hey Roger.

If you can afford it, the device you want is the XRGB-2 Plus. It is
expensive ($200) but I feel worth the money.
If this device was just "OK" at its current cost I would say so. The XRGB-2
Plus is probably the BEST way to display CoCo.

Roy Justus came up with a design to combine the syncs from the CoCo to
something the XRGB-2 likes. The quality of his work is excellent.

You can see the device putting CoCo on a NEC XV15 monitor at my web page:
http://www.geocities.com/chazbeenhad/coco

I just replace my monitor with a 19" Princeton. It absolutely blows me away.
CoCo never looked so good. Check it out here:
http://69.3.33.239:8081/files/coco3w19.jpg

I have found in all my playing / testing with the XRGB-2 Plus that the 87
gime and 86 gime chips display differently. It is my feeling that this will
be seen with any upscan device used with cocos to a vga monitor. I don't
want to go into detail in this message, but lets just say the 86 gime
displays a better picture.

I'd be happy to answer any questions on the device. I can take pictures or
whatever anyone wants. I know its on the expensive side, so if people want
to know anything specific, I would be happy to help.

Charlie

"Roger Taylor" <rtaylor at bayou.com> wrote in
message news:6.1.1.1.0.20041027160506.01eac4f0 at pop.bayou.com...