[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] South West Technical Products (SWTP) Vintage Computer System Model 6800 sold

Davey Brain dsbrain at neosplice.com
Mon Oct 25 00:59:48 EDT 2004

Neil Morrison wrote:

>  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5131314393
>
> "This is a South Western Technical Products (SWTP) Vintage Computer System
> Model 6800 with LOADS of Documentation, Software, Components and
> Accessories! Included is a lot of software packages on cassette.... "
>
> Winning bid:  US $1,575.00
>
> Ay Caramba!
>
> NM

Neil,
I had one of these I was *GIVEN* for free (actually I asked to haul
away) at a swap meet in Akron in the early '90s. The same guy gave me an
S100 system complete with dual 8" drives (some "Phoenix" brand comes to
mind?). My SWTP system even came with several processor cards including
a later 6809 CPU card and it booted the Flex op sys quite well. I used a
"Freedom" terminal that came with it and the S100 system. I believe the
SWTP had an SS50 bus?

Unfortunately, in a rough breakup of a 6 1/2 year relationship, it and
my entire computer collection became a casualty (under a sledgehammer,
no lie!). After watching eBay a long time (and seeing this auction) I'd
have to say my collection would probably be worth at least $5,000 or
more today. Too bad it was reduced to rubble by an insane person. Truly
hell hath no fury like a lover scorned...

WarpDavey
--
Davey Brain
"Paranoia? Yeah...more people die from ANYTHING ELSE than die from

Uptime is since the last unrecoverable ppp/Privoxy crash due to a bad
website
This OS/2 uptime is 0 d 21 h 02 m 24 seconds

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/CFFolB/TM