[Coco] help with Keil emulator

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sat Oct 16 15:01:36 EDT 2004

Jim Cox wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:19:56 -0400
>  Robert Gault <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
>> John Donaldson wrote:
>>
>>>  I have a question. Is there a way to start David's emulator and have
>>> it come up ready to go with disk basic
>>> and all settings set, without having to setup all the settings each
>>> time you activate the emulator. Mabey even
>>> with the OS9 disks in the drives, so all I have to do is type "DOS"
>>> and it boots OS9.
>>>

>>> John Donaldson.
>>>

>> On my system, this emulator will startup with the same configuration
>> it had when last run. So, if you had the disk ROM inserted and an OS-9
>> boot disk in drive 0, all you should need to do after the emulation
>> starts is enter DOS. That assumes DOS 1.01.
>>

> What version of Windows are you running the emulator on? For the life of
> my, I couldn't get it to run on 2K.
>
> Jim

Win98SE. You can see one of the reasons I'm holding out as long as
possible before being forced into WinXP.

In the various NT OS systems, you will have problems with programs that
are based on DOS. I'm not sure about Kiel's emulator but if it won't run
in Win2000 you may need to move to WinXP or use some type of DOS emulation.