[Coco] Re: Anyone have "In Quest of the Star Lord"?

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Tue Oct 12 23:51:16 EDT 2004

Charlie wrote:
> Bob, I had this problem with the game "Those Darn Marbles". I made a copy of
> the game (it's copy protected) with Spit-N-Image and the copy is just fine.
> You would probably have a better guess as to why that happened than I would.
> :-)
>
> Charlie
 ><snip>

I'm willing to look at it. If the copy runs but the original does not,
then the copy protection scheme probably is the source of your troubles.
Are the problems with a real Coco or emulation.

I was sent three of the disks for Star Lord (D1 side2, D2 sides 1&2) and
I have been able to play the game in MESS as long as I limit memory to
512K and stock Disk ROM. I do have a trick that makes D1 side1 copyable
and usable.

Also I've been able to use the .dmk image format to run SourceIII by
Bill Vergona in MESS. The required version of MESS has not yet been
released to the public. I had to build a special .dmk image and then
backup the SourceIII disk to the image. I don't intend to make the
method public unless Vergona can be talked into releasing his software.
However, anyone with the skill for this will now know it is possible.