[Coco] My website is down

Frederick D Provoncha elderpav at juno.com
Thu Oct 7 16:28:43 EDT 2004

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:01:01 -0700 "Neil Morrison" <neilsmorr at hotpop.com>
writes:

> Try http://www.waybackmachine.org/
>
> or
>
> http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

Thank you Neil and Benoit and others for your help. I didn't even know
that such a service existed. I found *most* of my website archived there.
You guys are a lifesaver!

Mark, I did not have a backup of my website on my hard drive. I admit
that was a HUGE mistake. I'll never make that mistake again, I promise.

As I said, I will be able to recover *most* of my site. Oddly enough, my
Mandel09 page wasn't in the archive, so I'll have to rewrite that page
mostly from scratch. Anyone who has browsed my site extensively will know
I had several pages devoted to different topics, not just the Coco. I had
several pages devoted to Mandelbrot fractal artwork, with about 100
fractal pictures posted there. None of them were saved on my hard drive.
Thankfully, most of them were in the archive! Unfortunately, not all of
them. The ones that weren't are gone for good.

Thank you again for your help. It looks like I'll be able to recover most
of my site.

Fred Provoncha