[Coco] Re: [SPAM] philosphical ... discussions

Charlie chazbeenhad at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 7 08:37:51 EDT 2004

Right Roger. That's something I said when I was just coming back to the coco
world.
I'll say it again, I would support mostly any new CoCo games that get made.
I say mostly cause I don't like card games  too much :-p
I have and will continue to support conversions too. If any are made.

Personally I'd like to see OS-9 software. A graphical adventure under OS-9
would be great. White Fire of Eternity, or even Dallas Quest as examples.

You see, I bet most people don't play 1/2 the software they like, cause you
always have to browse through floppies to see what catches your eye. With
OS-9 you can have a GAMES dir with everything in there and run whatever in
the blink of an eye. (with a hard drive of course) I wouldn't play Thexder
all the time if I had to pull out a floppy every time.

Charlie

"Roger Taylor" <rtaylor at bayou.com> wrote in
message news:6.1.1.1.0.20041006205201.01fd4580 at pop.bayou.com...
> At 01:10 PM 10/6/2004, you wrote:
> >3. Because of (2) programmers and hardware engineers can really push the
> >machine to its limits. As a hobbyist it's always cool to see hardware
>

> The CoCo, nor any other computer that I know of, has really been pushed to
> its limits.  We can add fancy hardware gadgets to the CoCo but the
> motherboard itself, CPU, and GIME have never really been maxed
> out.  Ofcourse, Sock has managed to write some demos that have squeezed
> every possible clock cycle out of the code in order to accomplish certain
> video and audio tricks, but we will probably never see the "limits" of
what
> the CoCo can do, from software or hardware.
>
> Today, we're seeing a lot of new gadgets to add on, but hardly any
software
> to use that hardware.  This is why I think CoCo authors should try
Portal-9