[SPAM] [Coco] philosphical ... discussions

Kevin Diggs kevdig at hypersurf.com
Wed Oct 6 15:30:21 EDT 2004

Hi,

	I agree with most of this.  Particular comments follow.

John R. Hogerhuis wrote:

> ... So, it was the start of a hobby that I continue with today,
> even though computers have supposedly left the domain of hobbyists.

I don't know if I agree here. Certainly the PC has left the domain of
hobbyists. If it is true, I think the quattro, properly done, can
rekindle it.

> Can this be recaptured in a newer computer? I don't know. Here's the
> closest I think you could come:
>
> b) Be on the cutting edge. Go where a PC can't since they have to
> maintain compatibility and we don't. I don't mean it has to be the
> fastest thing on the market. Just cutting edge on the whole.

Gotta disagree with this one. Speed might bring higher costs. Will
almost certainly complicate the design of the pc board. Speed is
certainly not one of the cocos charms. The quattro will be faster than
the cocos. I'm thinking 16-33 MHz range is a good compromise between
speed and cost.
> I'd like to see it be portable, 20+hours battery life like the Model 100
> but that's my particular agenda these days.

Only concern would be added cost.