[Coco] Re: Important Announcement: NitrOS-9 & 1986 GIME

Charlie chazbeenhad at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 5 13:16:55 EDT 2004

"Robert Gault" <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net> wrote
in message news:4162AEEE.9030402 at worldnet.att.net...
> mmarlett at isd.net wrote:
>
> I wouldn't and don't. However, there is a limited supply of parts for
> the Coco and we don't want Coco users deprived of NitrOS-9 just because
> they can't get access to an '87 GIME. Either the NitrOS-9 code should
> work for all units or workarounds should be found.

I'd agree there. I would hope Nitros9 to run on all coco3 models no matter
what chip it has in it. Some people may just be stuck with the 86 model.
Good example is the coco3 I just got from ebay. I had my fingers crossed for
an 87 but as my luck has it, it was an 86. One of the 2 cocos I had from my
youth was an 86. I'm sure there are a whole lot of cocos out there with 86
GIME chips. I also have an issue with the 86 vs 87 and my XRGB-2 upscan
device. The 86 GIME gives a better quality image through the device. I've
tried with two different 86 chips. I'm trying to get a hold of a 2nd 87 GIME
to verify this finding.