[Coco] Re: Re: Nitros9 Script question

Frederick D Provoncha elderpav at juno.com
Mon Oct 4 23:44:02 EDT 2004

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 18:00:37 -0600 Frederick D Provoncha
<elderpav at juno.com> writes:
> > Thank you. Using <>>>/1 worked perfectly.
> > Now I wish OS9 had a dir command similar to dos where you can do a
>
> > dir *.adv
> > to list only files with the adv extension. :-)
> >
> > Charlie
>
> Okay, so we know thanks to Rod Hamilton that ':dir -e *.adv' won't
> work
> :-)
>
> There was a command that was included in the "OS-9 Level II Tools"
> package offered by Cocopro! called 'wmatch'. The command
> accomplishes
> essentially what you want to do. To list only files in a given
> directory
> that contain the .adv extension, you would issue the following
> command:
>
> wmatch *.adv
>
> Or if you're not in the directory you want searched, you can type
> the
> whole pathlist:
>
> wmatch /DD/KYUMGAI/*.adv
>
> I use the command a lot, it's quite handy.
>
> Fred Provoncha

Charlie,

I did some additional research, and I found a better solution. On the
RTSI site is a utility called 'CDir'. It does exactly what you want to
do, and the command is more versatile than 'wmatch'. To continue with our
example above, to list only files in the 'Kyumgai' directory that end
with the extension '.adv', you would issue the following command:

cdir *.adv

It's located in the APPS folder on the RTSI site. I've downloaded it and
installed it on my NitrOS-9 Coco system and it works great. The command
has many other options and uses you may find interesting as well. Let me
know if you have trouble finding it. Good luck!

Fred Provoncha
Stansbury Park, UT