[Coco] CGP-220 Repair?

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Sat Oct 9 05:35:45 EDT 2004

All,

I have an old CGP-220 printer, with both a black and a color ink
cartridge. Now, this printer hasn't been used in years. The ink has to
be completely dried out, and who knows about the rest of the system. I
have yet to run any real tests with it.

Can anybody tell me if such a thing can be repaired to get it to work
again. I am pretty sure it will work (though I might need to do some
roller softening or something) - but, what about the dried ink? How do I
clean this (and the print head)?

Then - how can I refill the cartridges? Something tells me this might be
possible, with a lot of effort and cussing, likely. I fully expect to
have to take the unit apart (as well as the cartridges).

Is this a pipe dream? Am I crazy for thinking such a thing? Should I
just retire it (well, it is already technically "retired"), or should I
try to restore it?

Comments, ideas, suggestions?

Andrew Ayers